1994 – Current: Tadiran Batteries, Lake Success, NY
Vice President/ General Manager
· Manage overall operations including P&L, human resources, marketing, sales, advertizing, accounting and logistics.
· Create and direct cross functional teams.
· Develop and implement business and marketing plans.
· Create demand.
· Increased sales by 500%.
· Decreased employee and office count by 50%.
· Redirected the organization’s market focus, management structure and company culture.
· Introduced the company’s products into industries including healthcare, automotive, military, consumer electronics, etc.
· Instituted direct marketing/telemarketing group and internet web presence.
· Reconfigured nationwide sales/representative/distributor force.
1991 -1993: BETA ENGINEERING (manufacturer of automated computerized manufacturing systems).
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
1988 -1991: Gadot Petrochemicals Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel (manufacturer of petrochemicals and specialty chemicals for the food and pharmaceutical industries. $100 million sales p.a.).
Marketing and Sales Manager
· Develop and manage an international marketing team including a network of overseas agents.
· Coordinate the sales and manufacturing departments at the company’s three facilities.
· Develop new products as required by the market.
· Logistics management (shipping, overseas warehouses, etc.)
· Doubled sales.
· Established a marketing network that spans over 40 countries worldwide.
· Developed new techniques for streamlining logistics, sales of unwanted by-products and packaging that continue to save the company over $750,000 per year.
1985 -1988: Ormat Turbines, Yavne, Israel (manufacturer of turbines for the production of electricity from unconventional heat sources such as geothermal or factory waste heat).
Senior Marketing Engineer – design and sales of projects overseas.
Master’s of Business Administarion Boston University in conjunction with Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheba
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering - The City College of New York.
MBA Management, Boston University
BSc Mechanical Engineering, CCNY, NY
Street sense, The Bronx
Getting it right, my father
Family values, my mother